At Multistate Transmissions & J.B. DLCO Certified Auto Repair we offer different levels of service – from fluid and filter exchange to fluid and filter flush – we offer the best service needed to keep your transmission in road ready condition. Our transmission maintenance services can help provide smoother shifting, improved performance, component failure reduction and increased vehicle longevity. As a vehicle ages, it is normal for the transmission to undergo wear and tear. Over time the fluid becomes thinner and contaminated and can cause premature wear on the transmission. Extreme temperature, towing and stop and go traffic also increase the wear on your transmission.
Common signs of transmission wear include:
- Loss of power upon acceleration
- Transmission is unable to go into gear
- Hard or late shifting of gears
- Transmission slipping
- Chatter or grinding noise in the transmission
- Transmission leaking
- Car is unable to move
Do’s and Don'ts of Transmission Maintenance
Below are a few standard tips to help you avoid future transmission damage:
- Do scheduled transmission maintenance according to vehicle owner’s manual.
- Do have transmission fluid checked when having oil changed.
- Do make sure you come to a complete stop before moving gear into another range.
- Do not drive a vehicle with low or no transmission fluid.
- Do not change gear ranges from drive to reverse when your vehicle is moving. Do not spin tires on turns with front wheel drive vehicles.
- Do not drive your vehicle when there are transmission problems, as this may cause further damage.
- Do not drag race your vehicle, as it puts unnecessary strain on your transmission.
- Do not drive in 4×4 range on dry pavement, unless vehicle is all-wheel or automatic 4×4 drive.
- Do not drive on spare tires or mismatched tire sizes with front wheel or all wheel drive vehicles for extended periods of time.